Bret Wortman wrote:
I'm getting ready to leave for the weekend, and this isn't the kind of
thing I want to track down on a Friday, but if anyone has any ideas for
things I should look at come Monday morning, I'd be very appreciative.

I've got a system with 12 replicas, and no matter which IPA server I log
into and try to run "ipa" CLI commands on (even "ipa help"), I get my
session terminated. I also tried from a client system that has the
ipatools rpm installed, and in that case I got bounced out of my sudo'd
root session.

I need to figure this out because something's obviously amiss, and we
have discovered a number of systems that are lacking Kerberos keys. I
was hoping the CLI would provide the mechanism to get them fixed. We're
also trying to track down a 6-10 second delay every time a user logs in
using SSSD to authenticate; the password check passes almost instantly,
but something is taking up an additional bunch of time and my users are
starting to complain. So I need to get past this so I can debug that.

Thanks, and have a great weekend, all.

For the life of me I can't figure out what the ipa command might do that would log you out. I think brute force might be a way to go with this:

strace -f o /tmp/out ipa help

Then go back in and see what happened.

As for login delay you may want to pick a client system and bump up the sssd debug level and see if that provides any clues.