On 03/22/2014 05:47 PM, Will Sheldon wrote:

I’d be curious to see how well a solution that combines pGina using RADIUS against some middleware like the Gluu server (www.gluu.org) backed by IPA would work.

This is not an interesting scenario. This would would probably work right now but the machine would still not know who the user is because it will not know user SID so he would be foreign and no Windows policies would apply to him. I suspect such user would have no or very limited read only access to Windows resources because all Windows ACLs are based on knowing the user SIDs and SIDs of the groups the user is a member of. The value of native IdM integration would be to get user SID and SIDs of the groups from IdM and then get the right kerberos ticket(s) for Windows resources using cross realm kerberos trusts and put these tickets into the right place so that windows system can use them automatically when user navigates to the corresponding resource. Something like this.

It strikes me that getting domain federation between IPA and Gluu would tick a lot of boxes as it seems to offer a host of authentication and accounting interfaces including oAuth, SAML, OpenID and of course RADIUS.

Kind regards,

Will Sheldon
+1.778-689-1244