On May 21, 2014, at 2:45 , Martin Kosek <mko...@redhat.com> wrote:

> On 05/21/2014 08:36 AM, Davis Goodman wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Lately I’ve been having issues of replication between my server and my 2
>> replicas.
>>
>> I decided I was going to delete my 2 replicas and start over keeping my
>> master intact.
>>
>> I wasn`t successfull in getting all 3 servers to replicate to each other. (
>> it used to work)
>>
>> I tried deleting  1 replica after the other one  to always keep one of the
>> two available.
>>
>> I had to delete manually the replica host on the master with a bunch of
>> ldapdelete command which worked fine.
>>
>> But after many unsuccessful trials of getting everyone to sync I decided to
>> delete my two replicas.
>>
>> I went back to my master to use the ldapdelete to remove both host`s records
>> so that I could start over.
>>
>> Unfortunately now I’m getting this error.
>>
>> ldapdelete -x -D "cn=Directory Manager" -W
>> cn=DNS,cn=freeipa02.mtl.domain.int,cn=masters,cn=ipa,cn=etc,dc=domain,dc=int
>> Enter LDAP Password:
>> ldap_delete: Server is unwilling to perform (53)
>>      additional info: database is read-only
>>

>> I’m kinda stuck now with no replicas and no DNS. I could restore the backup
>> prior to the start of the operation but with a master in read-only mode it
>> wouldn’t of much help.
>>
>> Any insights would be more than welcome.
>>

>> Davis
>
> Hi Davis, did maybe some of your ipa-replica-manage crashed in a middle of an
> operation or an upgrade was interrupted  and left the database put in read
> only
> mode?
>
> You can find out with this ldapsearch:
>
> ldapsearch -h `hostname` -D "cn=Directory Manager" -x -w kokos123 -b
> 'cn=userRoot,cn=ldbm database,cn=plugins,cn=config' -s base
>
> Check for nsslapd-readonly, it should be put to "off" in normal operation.
>
> Martin
Ok finally managed to modify the read-only flag.

Could prepare my replicas and get them going.

Everything seems fine but I’m getting this error while setting up the replicas.
Should I be concerned about this one:

Update in progress
Update in progress
Update in progress
Update in progress
Update in progress
Update in progress
Update succeeded
  [23/31]: adding replication acis
  [24/31]: setting Auto Member configuration
  [25/31]: enabling S4U2Proxy delegation
ipa         : CRITICAL Failed to load replica-s4u2proxy.ldif: Command
'/usr/bin/ldapmodify -v -f /tmp/tmplpfMNG -H
ldap://freeipa02.mtl.ddistrict.int:389 -x -D cn=Directory Manager -y
/tmp/tmp4Svn9k' returned non-zero exit status 20
  [26/31]: initializing group membership
  [27/31]: adding master entry
  [28/31]: configuring Posix uid/gid generation

the rest seems to work fine.