Hello,

if you need a way to quickly run FreeIPA server on your machine while
keeping the machine open to installation and configuration of other
software which would otherwise clash with the FreeIPA server, you can
try FreeIPA in a Docker container. We currently see it as a proof of
concept, for testing or demo purposes.

The Dockerfiles with other content are available at

        https://github.com/adelton/docker-freeipa

with branches for Fedora 20, rawhide, and RHEL 7. Automated built
images are available in Docker index:

        https://hub.docker.com/u/adelton/

with Fedora 20 and rawhide content. Also available are client
repositories and images, to quickly start another container and let it
IPA-enroll to the server in a container.

At this point, the containers need to be run as --privileged.

We plan to track the progress of the effort at

        http://www.freeipa.org/page/Docker

Any comments or improvements are welcome,

--
Jan Pazdziora
Principal Software Engineer, Identity Management Engineering, Red Hat