On 08/29/2014 09:32 PM, Matthew Sellers wrote:
Hi Everyone!

I am using FreeIPA 3.3.5 on Fedora 20 and attempting to configure FreeIPA to send notifies to non-IPA slaves, but it seems broken on IPA ( notify packets are never sent to to slaves ).

I have configured also-notify { nameserverip; }; in named.conf on my FreeIPA test host in the options section and watched for notify traffic with tcpdump.

This document suggests that this is supported, and this is something I have used in non-IPA bind servers with no issues.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_freeipav3_dns_zone_transfer

I wanted to ask the list before I file a bug with more details. Is anyone using this bind feature on IPA with any success?

Thanks!
Matt

The DNS level change propagation is not supported between IPA replicas instead it uses LDAP replication to propagate the changes. If you want another non IPA DNS server to be a slave then you can do it. See http://www.freeipa.org/page/V3/DNS_SOA_serial_auto-incrementation for more information.

--
Thank you,
Dmitri Pal

Sr. Engineering Manager IdM portfolio