On 10/09/2014 07:07 PM, Genadi Postrilko wrote:
Thank you for providing the reference.
I understood that when creating a forest trust between two AD forests,
the trust is transitive to all domains in both forests (by default). And it has
to be established between the two forest root domain.

External trust (between AD forests or domains), is non transitive.
Trust can be established between (child) domains in different forests, without the need to create trust between child domains and the forest root domain of the opposite forest.

But i'm not sure about Realm Trust.
Realm Trust considered as a kind of forest trust? And that why the trust has to be established between the forest root domains (and not like external trust) ?

Assuming i follow the IPA Trust setup guide-
The trust created between red.com <http://red.com> (AD forest root domain) and linux.blue.com <http://linux.blue.com> (IPA domain) is configured to be transitive? Users from blue.com <http://blue.com> domain will able to login to IPA domain?
And so are users from other child and root domains in the forest?

Yes. If you have forest trust between IPA and your AD forest where red is the root domain then users from all subdomains including blue would be able to access resources in the IPA domain.
This is true starting freeipa 3.3.