On 10/27/2014 04:43 PM, Craig White wrote:

Craig White

System Administrator

O623-201-8179 M602-377-9752

cid:image001.png@01CF86FE.42D51630

SkyTouch Technology 4225 E. Windrose Dr.     Phoenix, AZ 85032

*From:*freeipa-users-boun...@redhat.com [mailto:freeipa-users-boun...@redhat.com] *On Behalf Of *Rich Megginson
*Sent:* Monday, October 27, 2014 2:11 PM
*To:* freeipa-users@redhat.com
*Subject:* Re: [Freeipa-users] adding 45 users to a group crashes dirsrv

On 10/27/2014 02:56 PM, Craig White wrote:

    RHEL 6.5 – new install

    ipa-server-3.0.0-42.el6.x86_64

    389-ds-base-1.2.11.15-47.el6.x86_64

    Create a new group, click ‘add users’ and click the box on the top
    to select all 45 users, click the arrows to move all of the users
    over and click ‘Add’ on the bottom at which point it will lose
    connection to the LDAP server, throw up an error and dirsrv is
    dead and has to be restarted.

    Seems as though I can make it crash with as few as 4-6 users at a
    time.

Please follow http://www.port389.org/docs/389ds/FAQ/faq.html#debugging-crashes so we can get a core file and a stack trace from the core.

----

OK – increased logging to catch this but since then, I couldn’t make it happen. It has happened at least 10 times already so I am sure that it will happen again but I can’t waste any more time on it but logging is enabled when it does happen again.

You don't need additional logging. In fact, you can reset the log level back to the default, as per the faq.html#Troubleshooting instructions.

What I'm interested in is getting a core file and a stack trace, which is a different process than the logging level process. Please read and follow http://www.port389.org/docs/389ds/FAQ/faq.html#debugging-crashes

Thanks - Craig