From: freeipa-users-boun...@redhat.com
[mailto:freeipa-users-boun...@redhat.com] On Behalf Of Rich Megginson
Sent: Tuesday, October 28, 2014 3:02 PM
To: freeipa-users@redhat.com
Subject: Re: [Freeipa-users] 389 DS & admin consoles

On 10/28/2014 02:45 PM, Craig White wrote:
RHEL 6.5 - new install
ipa-server-3.0.0-42.el6.x86_64
389-ds-base-1.2.11.15-47.el6.x86_64

Is it safe to install the 389 DS and admin console packages and use them?

In general, no, it is not supported.  IPA depends on a certain tree structure,
schema, etc.

I think it would be useful to use for things like editing ACI's, etc.

It would be useful for a lot of lower level management and monitoring.  But
unfortunately it is not supported.  You might be able to install it and make it
work, but it might also mess up your IdM deployment.
----
Not worth it then. I have been all over your Documentation page on FreeIPA.org
(http://www.freeipa.org/page/Documentation)

I have not found any way to actually edit ACL's (I believe the terminology in
389 Server was ACI when I last used it some 8 or so years ago).  Is there any
way to edit them?

Is there any tools similar to the 389-DS-Server console like the Certificate
manager?