On 10/28/2014 05:05 PM, Craig White wrote:

*From:*freeipa-users-boun...@redhat.com [mailto:freeipa-users-boun...@redhat.com] *On Behalf Of *Rich Megginson
*Sent:* Tuesday, October 28, 2014 3:02 PM
*To:* freeipa-users@redhat.com
*Subject:* Re: [Freeipa-users] 389 DS & admin consoles

On 10/28/2014 02:45 PM, Craig White wrote:

    RHEL 6.5 – new install

    ipa-server-3.0.0-42.el6.x86_64

    389-ds-base-1.2.11.15-47.el6.x86_64

    Is it safe to install the 389 DS and admin console packages and
    use them?

In general, no, it is not supported. IPA depends on a certain tree structure, schema, etc.

I think it would be useful to use for things like editing ACI’s, etc.

It would be useful for a lot of lower level management and monitoring. But unfortunately it is not supported. You might be able to install it and make it work, but it might also mess up your IdM deployment.
----

Not worth it then. I have been all over your Documentation page on FreeIPA.org (http://www.freeipa.org/page/Documentation)

I have not found any way to actually edit ACL’s (I believe the terminology in 389 Server was ACI when I last used it some 8 or so years ago). Is there any way to edit them?

I'm assuming you mean something that can parse and understand 389 acis. No, not afaik.

Is there any tools similar to the 389-DS-Server console like the Certificate manager?

Not sure what you mean by "the Certificate manager". Do you mean the 389 console GUI that allows you to Manage Certificates? With IPA, that functionality is supposed to be largely automated.