On 01/11/2015 04:01 AM, Rakesh Rajasekharan wrote:
Hi,

I am having some issues with freeipa. Whenever I change the password for any user, He is not able to change the password. and he gets error "authentication token manipualtion error"

Changing password for user hq-testuser.
Current Password:
New password:
Retype new password:
passwd: Authentication token manipulation error

I was able to get this running on another environment not sure whats went wrong here.

I have migrated my exisitng users from openldap .

Does it happen for all users or only users that you migrated?

Can you create a new user and set a password for him?
If it does not work I suspect either something is wrong with either krb5.conf or global password policy on the server.

If it works for new users but not for migrated ones then compare the entries of such users using ldap command and see what is different.

Thanks,
Rakesh

--
Thank you,