‎Josh,

First, sorry for top posting, on a stupid cell.

You miss the point that dns is not only used for name resolution, but also
hosting configurations. If something is not right about dns, lots of incorrect
info will be embedded on your ipa clients.

Make it simple as Simon said and point your ipa clients to ipa servers. Redhat
recommend you point your ipa clients to ipa server. Microsoft recommend the
same thing, point windows clients to AD.

William,

I don't understand why I would have problems if AD DNS can resolve IPA dns, and
IPA DNS can resolve AD DNS?

The DNS servers that my servers are using can resolve both AD and IPA.

Thanks,

Josh