On Thu, 22 Jan 2015, Sina Owolabi wrote:
Sorry I was misunderstood. The umm.../bin/sh? Was me being sheepish after
causing all the ruckus this morning.
-sh-4.1$ getent passwd sina
sina:*:392100000:392100000:Sina Owolabi:/home/sina:/bin/sh

How do I change the default to /bin/bash?
If it is IPA user, do following:

$ kinit sina
$ ipa user-mod sina --shell=/bin/bash

The default is to have the shell set to /bin/sh because bash isn't
available on all platforms by default and OpenSSH will refuse to log in
a user which uses non-existing shell. /bin/sh is guaranteed to exist in
all POSIX-compatible environments.

You can change defaults via

$ kinit admin
$ ipa config-mod --defaultshell=/bin/bash

The defaults will only apply to users that will be created after the
change.

On Thu Jan 22 2015 at 11:37:03 AM Alexander Bokovoy <aboko...@redhat.com>
wrote:

On Thu, 22 Jan 2015, Sina Owolabi wrote:
>Umm... /bin/sh?
Yes, POSIX shell. So, what do you get as an output with

  $ getent passwd sina

?

Bash emulates POSIX shell with a specific behavior (you can read bash
manual page, chapter INVOCATION, starting with "If bash is invoked with
the name sh, it tries to mimic the startup behavior of  historical
versions  of sh as closely as possible". In such case bash doesn't read
own profile files and sets PS1 to something close to \s-\v\$ which is
what you get in your sessions below:

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy

--