We have a pair of IPA Servers for our network. Our servers  are Oracle Linux 6
x86_64 with the ipa-server.3.0.X packages [up to date as distributed by Oracle
Linux].

Recently we noticed that the master (IPA01) is replicating fine to the
designated replicant. But changes that are made on the replicant do not get
back to the master.

This is true when ipa-clients register (if the registration script grabs the
replicant for registration then the host enrollment and DNS will not make it
back to the master.
This is true when users make a password change. If the password process grabs
the master then replication to the replicant is fine, but if the change process
grabs the replicant it will not make it back to the master. Then the user login
is broken.
This is true when, in the IPA Admin Web Interface we delete a host entry or DNS
record. If done on the master the change replicates to the replicant. If the
change is made on the replicant it does not make it to the master.

We have not found anything in the documentation that helps us understand where
to proceed or what to do to diagnose the replication problem. We have tried
removing the replicant from the IPA server configuration and powering off the
box, creating a new server and reconstructing a new replica on that new server.
The problem persists. We suspect the issue lies in some configuration somewhere
on the master, but know not where to go next.

Anyone have a similar experience and overcome it? We will take any advice we
can get!

With appreciation and respect;

Steven Auerbach
Systems Administrator