Hi Martin,
Using my vadmin account,
"uid=vadmin,cn=users,cn=compat,dc=localdomain,dc=local", the search
completes successfully and i get a list of my users and groups however
when I've watched the ldap queries between vcenter and freeipa I can
see it's applying a filter to the user search looking for
'objectClass=groupOfUniqueNames' which my groups don't seem to
contain.
I'm very much an ldap newbie but I thought at step two in the vsphere
integration howto I modified the groups schema to include that object
class?