From: freeipa-users-boun...@redhat.com <freeipa-users-boun...@redhat.com> on
behalf of Erinn Looney-Triggs <erinn.looneytri...@gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, 12 March 2015 8:15 a.m.
To: freeipa-users@redhat.com
Subject: [Freeipa-users] IPA 4.1.0 in RHEL 7.1

First off congratulations on getting this out. Love the new UI, all pretty and
integrates well with the access.redhat.com UI.

Second, did DNSSEC not make the chop? It looks like for FreeIPA DNSSEC was
included in the 4.1.0 release, but near as I can tell it is not part of IPA
4.1.0 in RHEL 7.1.

Third, there appears to be a behavior change from in ipalib. I cleaned up a
little inventory script for ansible, you can take a look at it here:
https://github.com/ansible/ansible/blob/devel/plugins/inventory/freeipa.py

Before RHEL 7.1 the call to api.Command.hostgroup_find()['result'] on line 30
worked, now it fails:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./freeipa.py", line 133, in <module>
    list_groups(api)
  File "./freeipa.py", line 71, in list_groups
    result = api.Command.host_find()['result']
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ipalib/frontend.py", line 439, in
__call__
    ret = self.run(*args, **options)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ipalib/frontend.py", line 755, in run
    return self.forward(*args, **options)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ipalib/frontend.py", line 776, in
forward
    return self.Backend.rpcclient.forward(self.name, *args, **kw)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ipalib/rpc.py", line 880, in forward
    command = getattr(self.conn, name)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ipalib/backend.py", line 97, in
__get_conn
    self.id, threading.currentThread().getName())
AttributeError: no context.rpcclient in thread 'MainThread'

Is this expected? Is this a regression?

Thanks again for your work.

-Erinn