On 03/11/2015 03:49 PM, Steven Jones wrote:
Hi,

When I try to join a 7.1 based replica to an existing setup and use an AD
forwarder the command complains that the AD box isnt doing DNSSEC suggesting to
me it is present in 7.1?

Can you share the message that you get and what steps you take to get to that message?

At the moment however I cant join a 7.1 based IPA server into a 6.6 based IPA
cluster.  Or a 7.1 client to IPA, to 6.6 for that matter, 7.0 works fine though.

regards

Steven

From: freeipa-users-boun...@redhat.com <freeipa-users-boun...@redhat.com> on behalf
of Erinn Looney-Triggs <erinn.looneytri...@gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, 12 March 2015 8:15 a.m.
To: freeipa-users@redhat.com
Subject: [Freeipa-users] IPA 4.1.0 in RHEL 7.1

First off congratulations on getting this out. Love the new UI, all pretty and
integrates well with the access.redhat.com UI.

Second, did DNSSEC not make the chop? It looks like for FreeIPA DNSSEC was
included in the 4.1.0 release, but near as I can tell it is not part of IPA
4.1.0 in RHEL 7.1.

Third, there appears to be a behavior change from in ipalib. I cleaned up a
little inventory script for ansible, you can take a look at it here:
https://github.com/ansible/ansible/blob/devel/plugins/inventory/freeipa.py

Before RHEL 7.1 the call to api.Command.hostgroup_find()['result'] on line 30
worked, now it fails:

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "./freeipa.py", line 133, in <module>
     list_groups(api)
   File "./freeipa.py", line 71, in list_groups
     result = api.Command.host_find()['result']
   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ipalib/frontend.py", line 439, in
__call__
     ret = self.run(*args, **options)
   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ipalib/frontend.py", line 755, in run
     return self.forward(*args, **options)
   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ipalib/frontend.py", line 776, in
forward
     return self.Backend.rpcclient.forward(self.name, *args, **kw)
   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ipalib/rpc.py", line 880, in forward
     command = getattr(self.conn, name)
   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ipalib/backend.py", line 97, in
__get_conn
     self.id, threading.currentThread().getName())
AttributeError: no context.rpcclient in thread 'MainThread'

Is this expected? Is this a regression?

Thanks again for your work.

-Erinn

--