I thought a bit more about the issue of conflicts in /var/lib/sss/db, and I
think it's a pretty significant problem, probably from a security
standpoint too. The fact that it's trying to authenticate against something
stale and incorrect would imply that it might erroneously authenticate
against something it should not. Also, this problem would lock out all
clients and be a nightmare to deal with if the master server needs to be
replaced/migrated.