On 04/03/2015 09:46 AM, Brian Topping wrote:
On Apr 3, 2015, at 6:48 AM, Tamas Papp <tom...@martos.bme.hu> wrote:

hi All,

I have CentOS 6.6 server and want to upgrade to 7.1.

What is the upgrade path, can I do it directly or first I need to make it to
3.3?
Also is there any known issue I should expect with workarounds?
I just did this yesterday, so here's my experience. If you have a simple single-server
installation with no custom LDAP DIT modifications, you should find "yum
upgrade" does the right thing.

If you do have DIT mods, you should ask yourself why they are there and whether
the data will still be accessible after the ACLs are changed. In my case, I had
Postfix using a LDAP hash and mail delivery stopped working (although the
domain data was still there just fine).

Note that the ACLs will propagate from the 4.1 server to your 3.0 if they are
replicated. To be safe, back up all replicas (snapshot or whatnot) before the
first upgrade and if you decide to restore any of them, be sure everything is
shut down and restore all of them to avoid 4.x schema contaminating 3.0 as they
come up.

The general recommendation for 3.3 -> 4.1 migration is to start introducing 4.1 replicas into your 3.3 environment and then turn your 3.3 replicas off. Do not forget to install the CA component with one of your 4.1 replicas before removing all the 3.3 instanced with CAs. With this procedure you would also need to move the CRL generation and cert tracking.

See details in migration section https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/7/html-single/Linux_Domain_Identity_Authentication_and_Policy_Guide/index.html#migrating-ipa-proc

Brian

Thanks,
tamas

Thank you,