One of our environments has a Freeipa3 sever installed and I need to upgrade it
to FreeIPA 4. I brought up  RHEL 7 server and installed FreeIPA 4 as a replica
of the FreeIPA3 box. But now I’m stuck. I can’t find any good documentation on
how to promote the new FreeIPA4 server and take the old FreeIPA3 server out of
the picture. If I do a ida-replica-manage del —force
stip01.staging.fioptics.int it tells me I can’t because it would leave me
without a CA. However I can’t find any documentation on migrating the CA from
IPA3 to IPA4.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,