On 04/13/2015 07:26 PM, Aric Wilisch wrote:
One of our environments has a Freeipa3 sever installed and I need to upgrade it to FreeIPA 4. I brought up RHEL 7 server and installed FreeIPA 4 as a replica of the FreeIPA3 box. But now I'm stuck. I can't find any good documentation on how to promote the new FreeIPA4 server and take the old FreeIPA3 server out of the picture. If I do a ida-replica-manage del ---force stip01.staging.fioptics.int it tells me I can't because it would leave me without a CA. However I can't find any documentation on migrating the CA from IPA3 to IPA4.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Aric Wilisch
awili...@gmail.com <mailto:awili...@gmail.com>

Did you follow this procedure?
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/7/html-single/Linux_Domain_Identity_Authentication_and_Policy_Guide/index.html#migrating-ipa-proc

I would say that I would recommend upgrading to 6.6 rather than 6.5.

If you did not what exactly did you do?

--
Thank you,
Dmitri Pal