> On Apr 13, 2015, at 1:33 PM, Martin Kosek <mko...@redhat.com> wrote:
>
> On 04/12/2015 05:27 AM, Brian Topping wrote:
>> Hi all, trying to figure out if I may have contaminated my ACIs in the
>> process of upgrading my replicated deployment. I didn't upgrade the
>> instances at the same time, is there any possibility that the 3.x ACIs
>> contaminated the 4.x DIT?
>
> What do you mean, by... contaminated? Can you please described what exactly
> happened?
>
> As Dmitri said, there were major ACI related changes in 4.0, but I am not sure
> what is the problem in your case.

The only thing that is broken at the moment is my OCD. I did make a couple of
changes in my 3.x deployment that appear to have been insufficient when I
upgraded, but I didn't name them well and I'm having issues trying to find
which ones they were. Now that I've RTFM on ACIs, I want to make sure
everything that is there is there for a reason. I'd rather put effort in now
than be surprised by some cruft I left behind in a future upgrade.

>> If so, how would I check it? Is there an LDIF in the disto that I can
>> manually compare the entries?
>
> I am not sure which entries are you referring to. But from 4.0, most of the
> ACIs are now generated dynamically, from Python code.

If the schema/ACIs are managed by Python, it might be interesting for the
script to generate warnings when it runs. Stuff like missing/extra schema &
ACIs. Just a thought.