On 05/19/2015 05:29 AM, thewebbie wrote:

My requirements is to replace dozens of htaccess folders on one server. Each folder requiring a user group. So Host based will not work in this case

Matthew Feinberg

On May 19, 2015 4:03 AM, "Jan Pazdziora" <jpazdzi...@redhat.com <mailto:jpazdzi...@redhat.com>> wrote:

    On Mon, May 18, 2015 at 12:38:47PM -0400, thewebbie wrote:

    > I have been attempting to use my 4.1.4  FreeIPA server to
    authenticate
    > folders on a web server as a replacement for the normal htaccess
    feature. I
    > do require group authentication. I have tried just about online
    example and
    > have only been able to get basic ldap and basic kerbos
    authentication.  How
    > do I go about getting group based authentication working.

    If you do not insist on group based authentication but can use
    the more generic host-based access control (which you should be able
    to do because you have IPA), you can use mod_authnz_pam:

    http://www.adelton.com/apache/mod_authnz_pam/

    http://www.freeipa.org/page/Web_App_Authentication

    The module is packaged in Fedoras, RHEL, and CentOS.

    --
    Jan Pazdziora
    Senior Principal Software Engineer, Identity Management

Was this resolved in some way?

--
Thank you,
Dmitri Pal

Director of Engineering for IdM portfolio
Red Hat, Inc.