On Fri, 17 Jul 2015, Petr Spacek wrote:
Hello users and developers,

I wonder what do you think about naming inconsistency in FreeIPA packages.

Packages in Fedora are prefixed with freeipa-* but in RHEL (and derivatives)
the packages are named as ipa-*. Given that command line interface is in all
cases 'ipa', it seems like a inconsistency.

Are there any reasons not to rename freeipa-* *packages* to ipa-*?

Naturally name of project would still be FreeIPA :-)

This rename would remove the inconsistency which drives me crazy when I need
to script something universally for RHEL and Fedora.
Not again. ;)
It was 'ipa' package in Fedora first few years and got renamed to
freeipa.
--
/ Alexander Bokovoy