I'm not saying that something isn't working for me; I'm going off the
information available on
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/7/html/System-Level_Authentication_Guide/authconfig-addl-auth.html#otp-laptop-users
and a thread in this mailing list referencing it.  I'm simply trying to
understand the particular issue related to the laptop-specific
implementation and obstacles as it relates to OTP