We have a rather strange need to have '--' in some standard host names and
when I use the CentOS7 ipa-client 4.1 I get the following error message.

[root@pan-smk-pdev lib]# ipa-join -h "
craigs--ipa--client--test.pearsondev.com"
RPC failed at server.  invalid 'hostname': invalid domain-name: only
letters, numbers, '-' are allowed. DNS label may not start or end with '-'

If I use a single quote it will work but, our automation environment
creates hosts that have '--' in the name.  Any idea how to get around this
or is there some other hard requirement for not using '-' in DNS/Krb
principal names?

Thanks !
Craig