Hi Janelle,

Using the cleanallruv.pl tool was the only way I was able to get ride of
the "unable to decode: {replica x}" entries.

This is how I used it, cleaning a replica ID at a time:
# For replica id: 40
cleanallruv.pl -v -D "cn=directory manager" -w - -b 'dc=example,dc=com' -r

Note that the "-w -"​ will make the tool prompt you for the directory
manager password.

Hope this helps,

On Thu, Aug 27, 2015 at 10:27 AM, Janelle <janellenicol...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 8/27/15 1:05 AM, thierry bordaz wrote:
> On 08/27/2015 09:41 AM, Ludwig Krispenz wrote:
> On 08/27/2015 09:08 AM, Martin Kosek wrote:
> On 08/26/2015 05:31 PM, Simo Sorce wrote:
> On Wed, 2015-08-26 at 06:36 -0700, Janelle wrote:
> Hello all,
> My biggest problem is losing replicas and then trying to delete the
> entries and rebuild them. Here is a perfect example, I simply can't get
> rid of these  (see below). I have tried (of course after the ORIGINAL
> "ipa-replica-manage del hostname --force --clean":
> ipa-replica-manage clean-ruv 25
> ldapmodify... with:
>     dn: cn=clean 25, cn=cleanallruv, cn=tasks, cn=config
>     objectclass: extensibleObject
>     replica-base-dn: dc=example,dc=com
>     replica-id: 25
>     cn: clean 25
> And yet nothing works. Any suggestions? This is perhaps the most
> frustrating part about maintaining IPA.
> ~J
> unable to decode: {replica 12} 5588dc2e0000000c0000 559f3de60004000c0000
> unable to decode: {replica 14} 5587aa8d0000000e0000 5587aa8d0003000e0000
> unable to decode: {replica 16} 5588f58f000000100000 55bb7b08000500100000
> unable to decode: {replica 25} 55a4887b000000190000 55a49242000400190000
> unable to decode: {replica 29} 55d199a50001001d0000 55d199a50001001d0000
> unable to decode: {replica 3} 5587c5c3000000030000 55b8a049000100030000
> unable to decode: {replica 5} 55cc82ab041d00050000 55cc82ab041d00050000
> Have you tried restarting DS before trying to clean the ruv ?
> I run in a similar problem in a test install recently, and I got better
> results that way. The bug is known to the DS people and they are working
> to get out patches that fix the root issue.
> Simo.
> CCing DS folks. Wasn't there a recent DS fix that was supposed to improve
> the
> RUV situation?
> Looking at 389 DS Trac, I see some interesting RUV fixes in 1.3.4.x
> releases:
> https://fedorahosted.org/389/query?summary=~RUV&status=closed&order=milestone&col=id&col=summary&col=status&col=owner&col=type&col=priority&col=milestone
> I see that 389-ds-base- is already in Fedora 22+, does the RUV
> issue
> happen there?
> it should not, and I think Thierry verified the fix.
> The problem we resolved and which we think is the core of the corrupted
> RUV was that the cleanallruv task did only purge the RUV, but dit not purge
> the changelog. If cleanallruv was run and the server had a disorderly
> shutdown (crash or abort when shutdown was hanging) then at restart the
> changelog RUV was rebuilt from the data in the changelog and if it
> contained a csn from cleaned RIDs this was added to the RUV (but the
> reference to the server was lost and so the url part is missing from this
> RUV.
> The fix now does remove all references to the cleaned RID from the
> changelog and the problem should not reoccur with RIDs cleaned with the
> fix, of course th echangelog can still can contain references to RIDs
> cleaned before the fix - and if no changelog trimming is configured this is
> what will happen. So, even after the fix old RUVs could pop up and have to
> be (finally) cleaned.
> The other source is that these corrupted rivs can be "imported" from
> another server by exchanging ruvs in the repl protocol. Cleanallruv tries
> to address this and to propagate the cleanallruv tasks to all servers it
> thinks are connected. If there are replication agreements to servers which
> no longer exist or to servers which cannot be connetcted this will delay
> the ruv cleaning
> Hello,
> I verified the fix in F22 / 389-ds-base- RHEL7, so
> after those versions CLEANALLRUV do not create any longer corrupted ruv
> elements.
> According to the timestamp in the ruv (for example csn2date.py
> 5587aa8d0003000e0000 --> 22/06/2015:06:26:21) this are old ruv elements. I
> think Ludwig is right, these corrupted ruv-elements come from old
> cleanallruv before the fix was applied.
> The problem is that even a fixed server can get those corrupted
> ruv-elements from others servers.
> All servers in the topology should be updated with that fix, so that at
> least they stop creating corrupted ruv-elements.
> Now to get rid of the existing ones, I imagine only brute option of
> recreating replica and reinit... I hope an other option is possible.
> thanks
> thierry
> Simple question -- what if one is running RHEL 7.1?? Can this fix be
> installed?? I see you mentioned it is in for RHEL 7, but I don't
> see it?
> ~J
> --
> Manage your subscription for the Freeipa-users mailing list:
> https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/freeipa-users
> Go to http://freeipa.org for more info on the project

Guillermo Fuentes Rodriguez
Computer Systems Analyst
(561) 880-2998 x1337
[image: [ Modernizing Medicine ]] <http://www.modmed.com>

[image: [ Facebook ]] <http://www.facebook.com/modernizingmedicine> [image:
[ LinkedIn ]] <http://www.linkedin.com/company/modernizing-medicine/> [image:
[ YouTube ]] <http://www.youtube.com/user/modernizingmedicine> [image: [
Twitter ]] <https://twitter.com/modmed_EMA> [image: [ Blog ]]
<http://www.modmed.com/BlogBeyondEMR> [image: [ Instagram ]]
Manage your subscription for the Freeipa-users mailing list:
Go to http://freeipa.org for more info on the project

Reply via email to