On Fri, 25 Sep 2015, Jan Pazdziora wrote:
On Tue, Sep 22, 2015 at 08:55:53AM -0400, Nathaniel McCallum wrote:
On Mon, 2015-09-21 at 16:49 -0600, Duncan McNaught wrote:
> Dear freeipa-users,
>
> I'm having an issue with otp in freeipa. I can set up the service as
> described in the blog post for TOTP or HOTP, and sync the token fine.
> When I try to login to the admin tools or an ipa-managed client
> (with <password><token>) , I get a password incorrect message.
> Here are some more details: https://github.com/adelton/docker-freeipa
> /issues/34
> Can anyone help me to debug/get this working?

I'm very unclear as to what you are trying to do. Are you trying to
run FreeIPA in a container? If so, Jan is probably your man. AFAIK,
ipa-otpd will require systemd in the container.

Well, we have separate daemon listening on the
/var/run/krb5kdc/DEFAULT.socket in the container which should start
the ipa-otpd@.service when there's a connection made to it. But
somehow it does not seem to be happening even if I fix the parsing of
/etc/ipa/default.conf that ipa-otpd@.service is doing.
As I wrote earlier, ipa-otpd relies on socket activation feature of
systemd -- systemd opens this socket and listens for incoming
connections. Any incoming connection causes to start ipa-otpd daemon and
connects its stdin/stdout to the socket's client.

What is the simplest way to trigger the connection to
/var/run/krb5kdc/DEFAULT.socket, for debugging purposes?
Use socat. Something like
socat UNIX-LISTEN:/var/run/krb5kdc/DEFAULT.socket,unlink-early,fork
EXEC:/usr/libexec/ipa-otpd

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy