On 10/5/15 7:39 AM, Rob Crittenden wrote:
Torsten Harenberg wrote:
Hi Janelle,

Am 04.10.2015 um 19:25 schrieb Janelle:
Just wondering if anyone knows why this happens from time to time on
servers:

$ kinit admin
kinit: Clients credentials have been revoked while getting initial
credentials

there are no failed logins to the admin account - not even any login
attempts, so it is not like someone is getting the account locked out.
Just curious if anyone else has seen in. With 16 masters, it occurs
randomly on some hosts, but eventually clears either on its own or with
a restart of IPA. However, I just restarted IPA on this server and after
about 2-3 minutes it works again.

I am seeing the same, see my mail "kinit admin not working anymore
(LOCKED_OUT: Clients credentials have been revoked)" from 03-SEPT.
Actually, wasn't it you who wanted to open a ticket?

Have a nice evening,

   Torsten

When you see this run `ipa user-status admin` and `ipa pwpolicy-show
--user=admin` and provide that so we can potentially see what is going on.

rob

I am curious -- if you have 16 masters, but this only happens once in awhile on 1 or 2 servers, how does the pwpolicy fit in? I am trying to understand the thinking of where you are going?? I will for sure do this the next time it happens, but I want to understand logic?

thank you
~Janelle