On 10/14/2015 09:58 AM, zhiyong xue wrote:
Yes, that's my problem. These VMs were created by openstack and generated host name without domain at all. Anyway can let the new created VM can join domain automatically?

I am working on such a feature: https://github.com/richm/rdo-vm-factory/tree/master/rdo-ipa-nova

This is not a product yet, just a PoC.

This allows you to:
* automatically register VMs created by Nova with IPA
* automatically assign DNS A records in IPA when you assign a floating IP address to a VM

Thanks Martin.

    On 10/14/2015 03:43 PM, zhiyong xue wrote:
    >   There are lots of VMs created from Openstack in our
    envrioment. And we
    > need to install IPA client on them.  I want to create a base
    image which
    > have installed IPA client, and generate VM from this image.
    >
    >   When the VM first boot will auto register to IPA server. But
    the VM's
    > host name has no domain(not a FQDN) and failed to register.

    How does the client get the domain then? It is currently needed
    for the FreeIPA
    clients, so you need to either postpone Client registration until
    domain is
    set, or override the hostname in ipa-client-install with static
    domain, like

    # ipa-client-install --hostname `hostname`.mydomain.test