> This means the task has finished already.
>
> You can run a new one to see if it reports something detailed about the
> DNs it couldn't process.

Hmm, this is weird:

I have created a task:
10-task-sidgen-run.update

containing:

dn: cn=$TIME-$FQDN-$LIBARCH,cn=ipa-sidgen-task,cn=tasks,cn=config
add:objectclass:top,extensibleObject
add:cn:$TIME-$FQDN-$LIBARCH
add:basedn:"cn=accounts,$SUFFIX"
add:ttl:3600
add:delay:0

However, when I add it with debug enabled I get:
ipa.ipaserver.install.ldapupdate.LDAPUpdate: DEBUG: Final value after applying
updates
ipa.ipaserver.install.ldapupdate.LDAPUpdate: DEBUG: dn:
cn=1446208552-kenai.casalogic.lan-64,cn=ipa-sidgen-task,cn=tasks,cn=config
ipa.ipaserver.install.ldapupdate.LDAPUpdate: DEBUG: cn:
ipa.ipaserver.install.ldapupdate.LDAPUpdate: DEBUG:
1446208552-kenai.casalogic.lan-64
ipa.ipaserver.install.ldapupdate.LDAPUpdate: DEBUG: objectclass:
ipa.ipaserver.install.ldapupdate.LDAPUpdate: DEBUG:     top
ipa.ipaserver.install.ldapupdate.LDAPUpdate: DEBUG:     extensibleObject
ipa.ipaserver.install.ldapupdate.LDAPUpdate: DEBUG: basedn:
ipa.ipaserver.install.ldapupdate.LDAPUpdate: DEBUG:
cn=accounts,dc=casalogic,dc=lan
ipa.ipaserver.install.ldapupdate.LDAPUpdate: DEBUG: delay:
ipa.ipaserver.install.ldapupdate.LDAPUpdate: DEBUG:     0
ipa.ipaserver.install.ldapupdate.LDAPUpdate: DEBUG: ttl:
ipa.ipaserver.install.ldapupdate.LDAPUpdate: DEBUG:     3600
ipa.ipaserver.install.ldapupdate.LDAPUpdate: DEBUG: scope:
ipa.ipaserver.install.ldapupdate.LDAPUpdate: DEBUG:     sub
ipa.ipaserver.install.ldapupdate.LDAPUpdate: ERROR: Add failure Constraint
violation:
ipa.ipaserver.install.ipa_ldap_updater.LDAPUpdater_NonUpgrade: INFO: The
ipa-ldap-updater command was successful

but I can't why I should get a constraint violation? Am I missing something?

tried with a filter, without ttl, delay etc. nsslapd-basedn instead of basedn,
but no luck. Am I missing something?

As a test, I tried creating the tesk from your example, and this runs fine.

--
Med venlig hilsen

Troels Hansen

Systemkonsulent

Casalogic A/S

T (+45) 70 20 10 63

M (+45) 22 43 71 57

Red Hat, SUSE, VMware, Citrix, Novell, Yellowfin BI, EnterpriseDB, Sophos og
meget mere.