On Thu, Nov 19, 2015 at 11:03 PM, Ash Alam <aa...@paperlesspost.com> wrote:

> Hello All
>
> I am looking for some advice on upgrading. Currently our FreeIPA servers
> are 3.0.0 on centos 6.6. We are looking to go to 4.2.3 Centos7. This
> upgrade path is not possible per IPA documentation. Minimum version
> required is 3.3.x. I have also found that cenos6 does not provide anything
> past 3.0.0.

do you mean upgrading the systems themselves? Why don't you install a
centos 7 host and join it as domain controller to the existing realm?

https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/7/html/Linux_Domain_Identity_Authentication_and_Policy_Guide/upgrading.html

I have tested the procedure a couple of times and it works really well. I
just came up with one issue which you can read here:

https://www.redhat.com/archives/freeipa-users/2015-September/thread.html#00161

--
groet,
natxo