On Mon, 07 Dec 2015, Marc Boorshtein wrote:
FreeIPA team,

In doing some work with Java I came across an issue with = the
krb5.conf file generated by the IPA client install process.  Options
in the krb5.conf file that are boolean are being set as yes/no instead
of true/false.  MIT Kerberos accepts it but per the docs it should be
true/false.  Here's a link to the issue in OpenJDK:

Easy enough fix on my end, just changed the options in the krb5.conf file.
Looking into krb5/src/util/profile/prof_get.c, the code that supports
'yes'/'no' (y,yes,1,true,t,on and n,no,nil,off,false) was added in 2000
with the commit 97971c69b9389be08b7e9ffb742ca35f3706b3af (it was CVS at
the time but the commit is traceable via git after import from SVN).

So I would say this is documentation issue on MIT krb5 side rather than
exception. Given that the code is supported for 15 years already,
perhaps making JDK aware of it is a better idea?

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy