The 401 after successful 200 is an issue with session which to browser looks as expired session.

Please examine cookie headers of both the 'login_password' and the subsequent 'json' request (as written in the other mail).

On 02/02/2016 09:40 AM, Christopher Lamb wrote:

From:   Alexander Bokovoy <aboko...@redhat.com>
To:     Christopher Lamb/Switzerland/IBM@IBMCH
Cc:     Petr Vobornik <pvobo...@redhat.com>, freeipa-users@redhat.com,
             wodel youchi <wodel.you...@gmail.com>
Date:   02.02.2016 09:32
Subject:        Re: [Freeipa-users] [Centos7.2 Freeipa 4.2] browser : your
             session has expired

On Tue, 02 Feb 2016, Christopher Lamb wrote:

Hi Petr

I get exactly the same behaviour ever so often. We are running IPA server
4.2.0 15.0.1.el7_2.3, (though we got the same problem with earlier
releases
too).

In my case the laptop running Firefox / FreeIPA WebUI, and the OEL Server
running the IPA server have time within seconds / milliseconds of one
another. The server uses NTPD (and has full missile lock on the NTP pool
servers), and the laptop uses whatever OSX uses to keep time accurate.

As I only need to use the FreeIPA WebUI rarely (every few months or so)
the
exact behaviour is difficult to pin down. It seems to work like this:

a) I will sometimes have access without the "your session has expired"
error. Typically this is when I have not used FreeIPA for a long time
(months).

b) then some days later, when I revisit the WebUI, the "your session has
expired" error will crop up.

c) as I have access to several workstations, each with several browsers
installed (IE, FF, Chrome, Safari etc.), I may get luck and find one that
does not give the error (while the others do).

Just like the OP, the workstations are not FreeIPA hosts (or servers), and
we use login /pw for the WebUI.
Can you hit ctrl+shift+I in Firefox (open development console), select
'Network' tab there, hit reload, and explore the requests/responses
there when the error is manifested. Unfortunately, there is no way to
copy out the whole traffic but you can at least make screenshots.

This approach allows you to see what's happening inside the
communication without need to decode SSL traffic in Wireshark.
--
/ Alexander Bokovoy

--
Petr Vobornik