Hello everyone.

I send you this mail because I have sometimes a problem when using ipa
passwd to generate a One Time Password and then using kpasswd to set a
strong random password using a password policy.

When I perform the ipa passwd command and just after the kpasswd command, I
got an error message.

Here is the command (I have an admin TGT) :
echo "onetimepwd\nonetimepwd\n" | ipa passwd <user>; echo
"onetimepwd\n<definitivepassword>\n<definitivepassword>\n" | kpasswd <user>

And here is the result :
###
Changed password for "<user>@<realm>"
Password for <user>@<realm>:
kpasswd: Preauthentication failed getting initial ticket
###

When I perform a sleep 5, then the sucession of these commands complete
successfully.
I tried to sleep 1s or 2s, but sometimes I got the error message, and
sometimes not.
So I extended the sleep duration to 5s.

I was wondering if it was normal behaviour from ipa-server/client 3.0.0-47 ?

If yes, do you know what the minimum duration in seconds that I have to
wait after setting a one time password before setting a more definitive
password (a password respecting the password policy) ?

Best regards.

Bahan