Hello,

On an ubuntu 14.04 box, freeIPA enrolled, I am no longer authorized to
administer cups via the web UI.
It used to work before the freeIPA enrollment and it works with a local
account, so I strongly suspect that it is related to freeIPA.

Steps to reproduce:
open http://localhost:631/admin
click on "Add Printer"
a popup opens asking for CUPS credentials.
If I type my credentials (freeIPA user), it fails.

>From the /var/log/auth.log:
Mar  8 15:14:58 pyro cupsd: pam_unix(cups:auth): authentication failure;
logname= uid=0 euid=0 tty=cups ruser= rhost=localhost  user=karl
Mar  8 15:14:58 pyro cupsd: pam_sss(cups:auth): Request to sssd failed.
Permission denied

I added many local groups to my freeIPA user:
(sys),4(adm),7(lp),27(sudo),109(lpadmin),
If I enter the credentials of a local account (non managed by freeIPA), it
works.

What's wrong ?

Thanks,
Karl Forner