We have a FreeIPA Version 4.2 production installation that seems to have a limitation we cannot figure out how to overcome. Users cannot search, from the gui, for a specific user. The only users who can perform a search for a specific user are full-admins, everyone else the search option does not respond, meaning that if you click on the magnifying glass, nothing happens. We have a large number of groups, and they are managed by the group owner, who needs to be able to do a user search. This appears to be a permissions issue, but we are not sure what we need to change to make it so that we can assign search capability to specific user groups. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Randy

--
Randy Morgan
CSR