On Wed, 16 Mar 2016, Nathaniel McCallum wrote:
On Wed, 2016-03-16 at 14:31 +0100, Martin Kosek wrote:
On 03/12/2016 04:47 PM, Brad Bendy wrote:

> Hi,
>
> YubiKey supports HOTP it appears, but im having a heck of a time
> getting the token to add FreeIPA. The YubiKey tool gives me the
> OATH
> Token which is 6 bytes and the secret key in 20 bytes hex. Ive
> entered
> the secret key and OATH token into the "key" field, ive tried all
> algorithms and get the error of "invalid 'ipatokenotpkey': Non-
> base32
> digit found"
>
> Am I missing something? Or is this just not possible at all? I
> can't
> find any documentation on Google saying how to set these up.
>
> Thanks!
Just for the record, you are adding the Yubikey via FreeIPA Web UI?
We also
have otptoken-add-yubikey command that makes adding tokens easy.

CCing Nathaniel to consider what we could do to make your use case
easier.

I will second the use of otptoken-add-yubikey. Just insert the token
and run the command. :)
And if you need a guidance, here is the demo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK2FmP0j6tY&list=PLnztcusQEwUopAVws6l5EgcIO_LqXiws2&index=1

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy