Hi,

By default, a simple user which authenticate on WebUI has access to his profile info page and can list all users and access to their infos (read only).

I want to limit a simple user to his profile info page only (where he can change its own password) and disable access to users list and their info.

Best regards.

On 2016-04-14 10:22, d...@mdfive.dz wrote:
Hi,

Yes, I want to restrict simple authenticated users on the WebUI from
seeying the list of all users.

Is it configurable with the role based access control?

Best regards.

On 2016-04-13 13:04, Petr Vobornik wrote:
On 04/13/2016 11:30 AM, d...@mdfive.dz wrote:
Hi,

I want to restrict FreeIP WebUI access to a limited users only. How can
I proceed.

Thanks in advance,
Regards
--
Omar AKHAM

What do you mean by restrict access to Web UI?

Prevent certain group of users to log in? This is not possible to
configure atm. It is possible to develop a Web UI plugin that does it
but it is not straightforward. Either-way it won't prevent users from
using FreeIPA API or CLI to get the information if it is not restricted
via RBAC.

Limit what user can see/search for? This is possible to configure via
Role-based access control (RBAC)[1].

[1]
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/7/html/Linux_Domain_Identity_Authentication_and_Policy_Guide/defining-roles.html