On 04/14/2016 01:57 PM, d...@mdfive.dz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> By default, a simple user which authenticate on WebUI has access to his
> profile info page and can list all users and access to their infos (read
> only).
>
> I want to limit a simple user to his profile info page only (where he
> can change its own password) and disable access to users list and their
> info.

Check RBAC in the previous mail, otherwise it is security by obscurity.

E.g it is possible to use following UI plugin (created for demonstration
purposes):

https://pvoborni.fedorapeople.org/plugins/simpleuser/simpleuser.js

The plugin limits capabilities of self-service page, basically by
replacing it, disabling breadcrumb navigation and removing menu items.

Installation (on each IPA server):

# cd /usr/share/ipa/ui/js/plugins/
# mkdir simpleuser
# cd simpleuser/
# wget https://pvoborni.fedorapeople.org/plugins/simpleuser/simpleuser.js

then access Web UI...

But anybody can change URL and view information of certain user.

Other possibility is to run the attached script locally(example usable
only on server, but can be easily changed) to run ipa user-find by
communicating with FreeIPA API.

--
Petr Vobornik
#!/bin/bash

echo '{"method":"user_find","params":[[],{"sizelimit":0,"pkey_only":true}]}' >
/tmp/js1

curl --cacert /etc/ipa/ca.crt \
     -c /tmp/ipauicookie \
     --data "user=admin&password=Secret123" \
     https://$(hostname)/ipa/session/login_password

curl -H "Content-Type:application/json" \
    -H "Referer: https://$(hostname)/ipa/xml" \
    -H "Accept:application/json"  \
    -H "Accept-Language:en" \
    --cacert /etc/ipa/ca.crt \