On Thu, 21 Apr 2016, Timo Aaltonen wrote:

        Howdy!

 Ubuntu 16.04 LTS got released today, and it comes with FreeIPA 4.3.1!
The biggest feature of this version is that it also supports replication
by client promotion to replica master. IPA on Debian/Ubuntu has been a
single-master thing until now..

FreeIPA is in the community-supported section of the package archive
called "universe". What this means is that it's not officially supported
by Canonical, but the community. While I and some others have tried to
poke it from every angle we can, it might still have hidden bugs that
need fixing, so feel free to try it out and report any issues you might
find on Launchpad!

ps. Debian unstable will have 4.3.1 once the package has gone through
the NEW queue because the packaging got split in certain ways
This is really exciting news!

Thanks Timo and everyone who made it possible!

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy