On Tue, May 10, 2016 at 11:51:26AM +0200, Youenn PIOLET wrote:
> Hi Fraser, Martin,
>
> I've got exactly the same problem with no DNS AltName and OU=pki-ipa,O=IPA
> in the subject.

Hi Youenn,

I'm currently investigating this issue; the state of the system
is clear but I'm still trying to work out how it gets there.

Could you confirm whether you are on RHEL / CentOS 7.2, and if so,
whether it was installed at 7.2 or an upgrade from 7.1 or an earlier
version?

Further commentary below.

> ### certprofile
> $ ipa certprofile-show --out caIPAserviceCert.cfg caIPAserviceCert
> Profile configuration stored in file 'caIPAserviceCert.cfg'
>   Profile ID: caIPAserviceCert
>   Profile description: Standard profile for network services
>   Store issued certificates: TRUE

You do not include the caIPAserviceCert.cfg in the diffs below,
however, I suspect you will find it to be identical to
/usr/share/pki/ca/profiles/ca/caIPAserviceCert.cfg.  Could you
please confirm this?

> ### My /etc/pki/pki-tomcat/ca/CS.cfg :
> http://pastebin.com/wnVWH8bq

Thanks for sharing; everything looks fine here.

> ### caIPAserviceCert
> I'd like to send you my caIPAserviceCert.cfg, two of them are present on my
> system:
>
> - /usr/share/ipa/profiles/caIPAserviceCert.cfg :
> http://pastebin.com/byddqgSF

(The rest of my reply is just an FYI on where FreeIPA/Dogtag stores
profile configurtion.)

Profile configurations in /usr/share/ipa/profiles/ are templates
owned by IPA, with placeholders that get filled out when IPA imports
the profile.

> - /usr/share/pki/ca/profiles/ca/caIPAserviceCert.cfg :
> http://pastebin.com/FFUTytDq

Profiles stored here are the default profiles added to a Dogtag
instance, however, the files at these locations are not used by
running instances.

But wait, there's more!  You should also find
/var/lib/pki/pki-tomcat/ca/profiles/ca/caIPAserviceCert.cfg.  This
one is used by Dogtag if the file-based ProfileSubsystem is used.

FreeIPA since v4.2 configures Dogtag to use the LDAPProfileSubsystem
which stores profile configuration in LDAP.  The file output by the
``ipa certprofile-show`` command will have come from LDAP; this is
the version that's actually in use in your IPA installation.

Cheers,
Fraser