Hi,

see also this recent commit to get an idea how to deal with attributes with "weird" names: <https://git.fedorahosted.org/cgit/freeipa.git/commit/?id=6adf86378108cdf8b0825277431419a5e803aeb5>.

On 11.5.2016 17:19, Jeffery Harrell wrote:
I’ve read Extending FreeIPA back to front (several times!) but I could
spend more time alone with an iPad and a copy of the Guide. Thanks for
the link.

On May 11, 2016 at 3:28:55 AM, Martin Kosek (mko...@redhat.com
<mailto:mko...@redhat.com>) wrote:

On 05/06/2016 07:12 PM, Jeffery Harrell wrote:
> Hi. I’m very new to IPA; I only picked it up a couple weeks ago. So this may
be
> a remedial question.
>
> I’d like to expose, both via the CLI and the GUI, certain LDAP attributes
which
> have hyphens in their names — e.g., "apple-user-homeurl.” The Param class
> rejects these attributes because of the hyphens; the name of the Param doesn’t
> conform to the regular expression so an exception gets thrown. This code does
> not work:
>
> |user.user.takes_params = user.user.takes_params + ( Str(
'apple-user-homeurl?',
> cli_name='appleuserhomeurl', label=_('Apple User Home URL'), doc=_('Apple user
> home URL.'), ), ) |
>
> Is there a sensible way of getting around that, or will I have to subclass
Param
> and write a whole bunch of new code to get this to work?
>
> Thanks very much.
>
> Jeffery

Did you check the documentation we have so far?

http://www.freeipa.org/images/5/5b/FreeIPA33-extending-freeipa.pdf
http://abbra.fedorapeople.org/guide.html

CCing Jan for reference.

Martin