Hi. I’m very new to IPA; I only picked it up a couple weeks ago. So this may be
a remedial question.

I’d like to expose, both via the CLI and the GUI, certain LDAP attributes which
have hyphens in their names — e.g., "apple-user-homeurl.” The Param class
rejects these attributes because of the hyphens; the name of the Param doesn’t
conform to the regular expression so an exception gets thrown. This code does
not work:

user.user.takes_params = user.user.takes_params + (
    Str(
        'apple-user-homeurl?',
        cli_name='appleuserhomeurl',
        label=_('Apple User Home URL'),
        doc=_('Apple user home URL.'),
    ),
)
Is there a sensible way of getting around that, or will I have to subclass
Param and write a whole bunch of new code to get this to work?

Thanks very much.

Jeffery