On 03/06/16 17:00, Alexander Bokovoy wrote:
On Fri, 03 Jun 2016, lejeczek wrote:

On 03/06/16 15:22, Alexander Bokovoy wrote:
On Fri, 03 Jun 2016, lejeczek wrote:
hi users,

I have a samba and sssd trying AD, it's 7.2 Linux.

That linux box is via sssd and samba talking to AD DC and win10 clients get to samba shares, getent pass sees AD users, samba can get to DC's shares and win10's clients shares, all good except...

smbclient @samba, in other words - to itself - fails

session setup failed: NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE
Do you run winbindd? samba in RHEL 7.2 as of now has a regression that if you don't run winbindd, current code forbids establishing anonymous secure channel connections to AD DCs as part of Badlock fixes. The regression is fixed upstream and RHEL 7.2 packages are currently being
tested by Red Hat QE team.

If you start winbindd, this should not affect you -- if the machine is enrolled into Active Directory domain. However, the Kerberos error below makes me thinking you have some problems on AD side as well.
no winbind, I hope to completely relay on sssd.
You cannot -- at least for now. Samba needs translation between SIDs and POSIX IDs. This translation cannot be done by SSSD alone right now because there is no separate mechanism to supply that translation into
Samba from the system level.

SSSD can be used as to imitate SID translation interface of winbindd by providing a libwbclient replacement but this would mean a lot of other functionality winbindd provides will be missing as SSSD does not
implement it.
Finally, you can run winbindd in parallel to SSSD. You just need to ensure they both have the same understanding how to map usernames and group names to POSIX ID and back. And you don't need to add winbindd to
/etc/nsswitch.conf or PAM configuration.

I should mentioned that I'm fiddling with my sssd so it engages two providers, AD and IPA - and it seems to work, like a I tried to describe, only that samba smbclient to itself is not working.
thanks!
before smbclient contacts Samba server.
Alexander, thanks!
yes, cifs needs to be in keytab file, smbclient to itself(on smb server locally) works now with -k. I wonder - should it also work with only passwords? It does not, for me. Users mapping concept (which I do not grasp completely yet) - when an AD client (win10) now gets to samba shares okey it is done with AD user credentials, win client sees share like: u...@my.dom which user is not IPA's user (there are no trusts no syncing). Now, when you say mapping - this would be winbind/smb translating/mapping AD's SIDs to match IPA's UIDs - which is/would be different from syncying users from AD => IPA ,correct? Another thing, not having winbind in nsswitch (or not having it at all), but still having sssd using AD - should I be able to access linux+sssd=>AD box with means like ssh? eg. ssh m...@my.dom@swir.private.my.dom (I think I had it worked with windbind in nsswitch)

L.

and with smbclient -k

gss_init_sec_context failed with [Unspecified GSS failure. Minor code may provide more information: Server cifs/swir.private....@private.dom not found in Kerberos database]
The statement above says your KDC for PRIVATE.DOM does not know anything about cifs/swir.private.dom principal. Fix that problem and Kerberos
authentication will be working.

SPNEGO(gse_krb5) creating NEG_TOKEN_INIT failed: NT_STATUS_INTERNAL_ERROR Failed to setup SPNEGO negTokenInit request: NT_STATUS_INTERNAL_ERROR
session setup failed: NT_STATUS_INTERNAL_ERROR

here is a snippet from smb.conf which I thought has relevance, I set it up following samba sssd wiki.

 security = ads
realm = CCNR.DOM
workgroup = CCNR

kerberos method = secrets and keytab
dedicated keytab file = /etc/krb5.swir.ccnr.keytab
client signing = auto
client use spnego = yes
encrypt passwords = yes
password server = ccnr-winsrv1.ccnr.dom
netbios name = SWIR

template shell = /bin/bash
template homedir = /home/%D/%U

preferred master = no
dns proxy = no
wins server = ccnr-winsrv1.ccnr.dom
wins proxy = no

inherit acls = Yes
map acl inherit = Yes
acl group control = yes

and in samba log:

domain_client_validate: Domain password server not available.

I've tried samba user list, dead silence.

many thanks,

L.