On Mon, 06 Jun 2016, lejeczek wrote:
Users mapping concept (which I do not grasp completely yet) - when an AD client (win10) now gets to samba shares okey it is done with AD user credentials, win client sees share like: u...@my.dom which user is not IPA's user (there are no trusts no syncing).
I don't know details of what you have configured. For IPA with trusts
both Kerberos and passwords should work when Samba is running on IPA
master. For IPA client, we have procedure defined for SSSD+Samba. For
anything else only Kerberos would work.
I emailed (this thread) most of the configs, if not all, ~two emails ago, last Friday.
Configs were not really helpful without a bigger picture.

Now, when you say mapping - this would be winbind/smb translating/mapping AD's SIDs to match IPA's UIDs - which is/would be different from syncying users from AD => IPA ,correct?
SIDs to UID/GID on the system. You seem to confuse a lot in your
emails -- you are claiming that there is no IPA trust or sync in place
yet you expect somehow things to magically work, I simply don't
understand your situation to comment on it.
not magically, no, it's the same one box, IPA server and at the same time samba(non-IPA, might be why smbclient without kerberos does Not work) + sssd to an AD. And now after fixing keytabs all seems to work ok, and no winbind yet - thus my only question now is more about concepts, which - yes - I don't grasp fully.
Ok.

Yes I confuse, the way I understand is: my linux box now has two separate user db backends, two different users catalogs, first one is IPA's and the second is AD's via sssd(which samba being an AD's client also uses) with no winbind at this point.
Yes, you have two different user db backends, and there is not enough
interoperability between them yet. As you can guess, this is not really
supported -- I would rather not spend time on that myself as there are
more urgent issues to fix that scale better.

Last thing I wonder is that SIDs/UIDs mapping - one: do I want/need it? and if one then two: how to achieve it running setup like mine?
It is not a question of whether you want something. It is required, as
Windows world is different from POSIX and something needs to map between
concepts in both worlds. That something is called Samba and it requires
a proper configuration for SID/ID mapping -- which is done by winbindd.

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy