On Thu, 2016-06-09 at 10:46 +0200, Sumit Bose wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 09, 2016 at 08:16:13AM +0200, Winfried de Heiden wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I can install libvert-libev but removing libverto-tevent will
> > remove 123
> > dependencies also. (wget, tomcat and much more...)
> >
> > Hence, I installed libverto-libev, but dit not remove libverto-
> > tevent to give
> > it a try. After ipactl restart still the same problem:
>
> fyi, I think I can reproduce the issue on 32bit Fedora. I tried
> libverto-libev as well but I removed libverto-tevent after installing
> libverto-libev with 'rpm -e --nodeps ....' to make sure libverto has
> no
> other chance.
>
> So it looks a bit like a libverto 32bit issue. I used
> libverto-0.2.6-4.fc22. Since I knew that is was working before on
> 32bits
> I tried libverto-0.2.5 and libverto-0.2.4 as well with no lock.
>
> Nathaniel, do you have any suggestions what to check with gdb?

It may not be a libverto issue at all. Just to summarize, krb5kdc sends
the otp request to ipa-otpd using RADIUS-over-UNIX-socket.

It appears that ipa-otpd receives the request and sends the appropriate
response. However, krb5kdc never appears to receive the request and
times out. Once it times out, it closes the socket and ipa-otpd exits.

The question is: why?

This could be a bug in krb5kdc, libkrad or libverto. Does the event
actually fire from libverto? Does libkrad process it correctly? Does
krb5kdc process it correctly?

There are lots of places to attach gdb. I would probably start here:
https://github.com/krb5/krb5/blob/master/src/lib/krad/client.c#L193