On 09.06.2016 22:36, David Zabner wrote:
Occassionally in our system we will see a failure in ipa-client-install script
and the cleanup will leave around the host in ipa.
This means that all future client installs fail because the host already exists.
Is there any way to make sure that failure’s cause the host to be cleaned up?
Is there a command I can run that will delete the host that does not require
the client to be installed?

Thanks for the assistance,
David

Hello,

you can use ipa host-del <hostname> to remove client that failed to do cleanup properly.

or you can use ipa-client-install --force-join

Martin