On 04/07/16 07:59, Petr Spacek wrote:
On 1.7.2016 16:29, lejeczek wrote:

On 01/07/16 12:41, Petr Vobornik wrote:
On 06/30/2016 04:56 PM, lejeczek wrote:
... its own FQHN and its IP ?

hi users,

I'm fiddling with rewrites but being an amateur cannot figure it out,
it's on a multi/home-IP box. Is it possible?

many thanks,

L.

Hi L.

Could you describe your environment and use case in more details. It is
not clear to me what you are trying to achieve or what doesn't work for you.

Thank you
gee, I though my scenario would be quite common among users,
take a box with more then one net ifs, or even multiple IPs - what would be
nice to have is fIPA webui resides/runs only on that FQHN and that IP to which
hostname resolves. Eg, here is one single system:
box1.my.dom.local 10.10.1.1 (eg, I go to https://10.10.1.1/)
ipa.my.dom.local 10.10.1.2
currently I get fIPA's webui everywhere, but I'd like it to be only at
ipa.my.dom.local 10.10.1.2 (either if I URL via hostname or IP)
I think it would be great to have included (maybe as comments/options) this in
Apache's configs of IPA furure releases, if possible.
Is it possible to construct such rules? Or there is different, simpler way?
I'm still trying to understand your use-case. Why exactly you need to limit
the web UI to one 'host name' while keeping it on the same box?

I'm sorry I cannot explain this better, I my mind it's really simple, if I installed an instance of IPA on a ipa.my.dom.local and the system is a multi-homed/IP host I'd like webui to run only on that host/IP This should not even be a matter of "image a situation where...." but rather assume that IPA's are deployed on such installations and then - why would fIPA have to monopolize all the IP's/IFs there are? Me, I'd like to be able to use httpd under a root of host's other FQHN/IPs with other things.
thanks