Auerbach, Steven wrote:
We have our IPA set up as master-master and we have about 25 clients in
realm (including the IPA servers themselves).

We have a single user who changed his unexpired password using the
passwd command logged on to one of the registered clients.

Thereafter, when he logs on to any of the client servers in the realm
with the exception of one, his new password is accepted.  On only one
client server his new password is not accepted.  That client server will
only let him in with a password that was in effect 2 password changes in
the past.

I believe that there is no sync problem between the IPA Masters because
I changed the admin password on one of them (IPA Master) yesterday and
it was available immediately after a logout to sign on as admin to the
other master with the new password.

Are we instructing users with the wrong command for changing an
unexpired password?  If not, where would we turn to rectify this issue
that this one user has with the one IPA client server?

I wonder if sssd on that client is in offline mode.