Not sure it is the same as 14.X but I had to add the sudo in the list of
services to sssd.conf as it was not put in by default.  I am by no means an
expert on it but my own personal experience with 14.x

Sean Hogan

From:   Jeff Goddard <jgodd...@emerlyn.com>
To:     freeipa-users@redhat.com
Date:   08/10/2016 10:52 AM
Subject:        [Freeipa-users] sudo rules question on ubuntu 16.0.1
Sent by:        freeipa-users-boun...@redhat.com

I've got a freeipa domain and many centos 7.2 clients. I also have a sudo
rule that allows member of the developer group sudo rights on virtual
servers in the "development" group. This works great on the centos servers.
However, I recently set up 3 ubuntu boxes, and added them to the IPA domain
and then to the "development" group. My sudo rules fail. I've enabled
debugging and I see in the /var/log/sssd/sssd_sudo.log that the clients
connects to the server, identifies group memberships, and finally prints
"returning 1 rules for [u...@domain.com]. We only have the single rule so I
can't figure out why it's not working. Can someone point me in the correct
direction?

Thanks,

Jeff